Most Popular S Names for Girls
- Sophia – Sophia is all the rage, coming in high on the top 100 list.
- Sofia – An alternate spelling of Sophia, Sofia is another very popular choice.
- Stella – This name, which means “star,” is a lovely S name for baby girls.
- Savannah – Savannah is a popular but less common choice.
- Skylar – Skylar is another gorgeous option that stands out from the crowd.
- Sophie – This name is yet another variant on Sophia, and just as cute.
- Sadie – Sadie is an adorably playful name for a little girl.
- Serenity – This name evokes peacefulness, which explains why it’s so popular.
- Sarah – Sarah is a classic option that never goes out of style.
Unique Baby Girl Names That Start With S
If you’re looking for something a little less common to make your girl stand out from the crowd, there are lots of unique baby girl names to choose from. From flower-inspired names to fierce options to magical names, there’s a choice as original as your little one. These are some beautiful and unusual S names for girls:
- Saffron – Name your daughter after the beautiful yellow flower, Saffron.
- Sage – A name that means “wisdom,” Sage is also a purifying and fresh-smelling herb.
- Serendipity – This name comes from the word for a happy accident and would be a charming choice for a surprise baby.
- Sidra – This lovely name has its roots in Latin and means “like a star.”
- Silvana – This Italian name means “of the trees.”
- Siobhahn – This beautiful Irish name has an uncommon pronunciation; say it like “shi-vawn.”
- Sonnet – A poetic name, this is a form of poetry favored by Shakespeare and many other important writers.
- Storm – This name has a fierceness that may perfectly fit your little girl.
- Story – Choose this name for a girl who will live a remarkable life.
Cute Girl Names That Start With S
- Sasha – Your little cutie might become a tough “defender” with this warrior-inspired name.
- Selia – Selia can have several meanings, but usually relates to the moon or heaven.
- Shari – Meaning “princess,” this name couldn’t be cuter.
- Shayla – This name can mean “of the fairy palace” or “little mountain,” which are both adorable.
- Shiloh – Give your little girl a name that means “tranquil” to embody peacefulness.
- Shyla – Meaning “daughter of the mountain” or “goddess,” this name brings power.
- Sia – This cute-sounding name has a strong meaning: victory.
- Sparrow – Name your baby after a bird that can represent positivity and creativity.
- Spring – If your girl symbolizes new beginnings, name her after the season of renewal.
- Suri – This name can mean “princess” in Hebrew, or “red rose” in Persian.
- Suzy – A word that means “lily,” this name will make you think of the beautiful flower.
- Sylvia – Perfect for nature lovers, this name is rooted in the Latin word for “forest.”
Old-Fashioned Girl Names That Start With S
You can also find girl names starting with S that harken back to long ago. These old-fashioned options might be perfect if you love names with a vintage feel. Old-timey names are also appealing because they can be so different. From subtle elegance to a cute, classic sound, traditional names from the past can open up a whole new world to discover when it comes to naming your little lady.
- Sallie – This unique spelling was one of the most popular girls’ names in 1880, according to the SSA.
- Salome – This name was in the top 1000 for the year 1880, but it’s rarely heard now.
- Selma – This beautiful name harkens back to a long-ago time.
- Shirley – Popular in 1920, according to the SSA, this name has a distinctly retro sound.
- Sophronia – This old-fashioned name is a beautiful alternative to the popular Sophia.
- Sula – This has always been a unique S name for girls, but it was more common in the 19th century than it is today.
- Susan – A classic and old-fashioned name, Susan is ready for a comeback.
- Susanna – This name is not commonly used right now, but it was popular around the turn of the 20th century.
- Sylvie – This old-fashioned name for baby girls is a great choice if you want a classic.
Southern Girl Names That Start With the Letter S
- Sailor – While this is a gender-neutral S name, it would be especially charming for a girl.
- Sarabeth – This compound name has a distinctly Southern sound.
- Shelby – This adorable name has a country sound.
- Summer – Name your little girl for the beautiful weather of the South.
- Sunny – This country S name is adorable and fun
Girl Names That Start With S From Around the World
Take your inspiration from other cultures and choose a girl name that starts with S and comes from another country. From names with Indian origins to those with Spanish roots, there are hundreds to choose from. Consider these pretty, strong, and unique options from across the globe:
- Sabra – This Hebrew name means “cactus plant” and has a distinctly modern feel.
- Sachi – A Japanese name, Sachi means “girl baby.”
- Sahima – This is a Hindu girl name that starts with S and means “snow.”
- Sanne – A Dutch name, Sanne means “lily.”
- Sarita – This Italian or Spanish name is a variation of Sarah.
- Sela – This Hebrew name means “a rock.”
- Severine – A French name, Severine means “stern.”
- Signe – This name has its roots in Norse mythology.
- Soledad – A Spanish name, Soledad refers to the Virgin Mary.
- Suki – This Japanese name for girls means “beloved.”
- Suha – Another Hindu girl name that starts with S, Suha is the name of a mythological star.
Beautiful S Names for Girls With Deep Meanings
- Sadia – This is a name that means “princess”, and also “lucky or fortunate”
- Salem – A name that means “peaceful” is perfect for your daughter.
- Sapphira – Let the gorgeous blue gemstone known as the Sapphire inspire your girl’s name.
- Sarai – Another name that means “princess,” this would fit any precious girl.
- Sariyeh – This name can also mean “princess”, or it can mean “night rain.”
- Sevyn – Based on the number seven, this name could bring extra luck to your little girl’s life.
- Sienna – Name your daughter after Siena, the Italian city which is also how the earthy color “sienna” came to be named.
- Solara – Brighten up your day with this girl’s name which means “of the sun.”
- Sophelia – Give your girl a name that means “wisdom” and “helper.”
- Starling – The Starling bird symbolizes communication and relationships, which gives unique but special meaning to a girl’s name.
- Salve – This name means something that is soothing.
- Selene – Based on a Latin word, this name means “of the moon.”
- Serafina – This beautiful name for a baby girl means “angelic.”
- Serena – This S name means “calm and peaceful.”
- Shelter – This name is a word for means a place of safety.
- Shila – A beautiful Irish baby name, Shila means “heavenly.”
- Sincerity – This name means being honest and genuine.
- Solace – This S name is another word for means comfort.
- Sonora – This Spanish S name means “a beautiful sound.”
- Sybil – This Greek name means “wise one.”
S Names With Specific Letter Combinations
If you need more S names for girls but have some specific letter combinations in mind, try out some of the following names. They can also be perfect if you’re trying to find S names for twins and need the names to sound similar.
Girl Names That Start With S And End With A
Girl Names That Start With San
A name that starts with San could be the beautiful choice you’ve been looking for:
Girl Names That Start With Sh
Girl Names That Start With St
You’ll find many classic names starting with an St blend:
Girl Names That Start With S and End With R
Girl Names That Start With S and End With E
There are also many beautiful S names that end in an E:
Choose an S Name to Empower and Inspire
Though you may not know yet what kind of person your girl will be, her name should feel empowering. Perhaps you want a name to reflect her inner goddess, or maybe you want to tie her name to music. There are so many beautiful S names with inspiring meanings, and only you can decide which one feels exactly right. If you’re still having trouble deciding, review some tips for choosing a baby name so you can narrow down your options to a few select favorites. Then simply pick the S name that will empower and inspire her to become all that she can be.